Wednesday, July 30, 2008

something to look forward to!

My cousin Lisa has generously offered her cottage up north in Sanford Lake for Jim and I, and another couple, to go relax for the weekend of Aug. 14-17! We're going to spend the weekend with my friend Elena and her boyfriend Rick! Jim and I are going up Thursday night because we both have Friday off, then Elena and Rick are coming up Friday after work. This'll be lots of fun!

Us girls are planning the weekend, since that's what we do... Obviously, we're planning the meals and snacks -- the important stuff! If we just bring a cooler of beer for the guys, they won't care what other arrangements we make. LOL Since we go right through Frankenmuth on the way home, we're thinking we'll stop there for a late lunch/early dinner Sunday. Yummmm... Frankenmuth Chicken Dinner... yummmmm...

Sorry, I needed a moment there! ha ha

Here's a photo of the back of the cottage. That left-hand deck is off the master bedroom. Notice the hammock between the two trees on the right, that's where I'm planning to spend my time... ha ha

And here's the view from the back porch (hi Kim! ha ha). Kim is not usually part of the view...


I can't wait, I'm very due for a vacation since I was cruelly unable to visit Shelle and the fam in Georgia this summer! Darn ol' work...

I'll be taking a posse of peeps up north with me for my birthday weekend again this year, we've had a ton of fun the past three years. Hopefully it'll be warmer this year than last year, right Diana?? :-)


No comments:

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates