Monday, August 18, 2008

Welcome to the cottage!

Warning -- this post is very photo-heavy!! :-)
Hi all! Boy, am I sad to be back at work after my "vacation" weekend... Ever notice how you work and work, getting close to your vacation or time off, and when you come back it feels like you never left?? That's really depressing! ha ha

Our weekend at the cottage was very relaxing... fun... and... solitary. Elena and Rick couldn't make it, work intervened. :-(

They missed some cool moonrises! The moon was huuuuuge on Saturday night!

Here's a darker one, but I really like it!
The weekend took a turn for the stressful on the ride home. ha ha Jim and I had fun up north, until yesterday when we left (which, accurately, cannot be considered still "up north", since we'd left! ha ha).

So, to illustrate some of the fun, here's a few pics from the trip!

We stopped at Frankenmuth for chicken and fudge (not together!), and it was the only nice part of our day after we'd left the cottage.

We met a nice horsie... and my shirt says "Will Work 4 Shoes"!
Shoes! There's an "s" on there!
See, Jim looks crabby because of all the people who've asked if I work for hoes... LOL

I tried on hats...

...it was black and red and said "Bad Angel". Of course, in a whole store of cutesy clever girly stuff, I gravitated to the tiny corner of Halloween stuff! ha ha

And Jim spent a lot of time trying to feed the waterfowl. I think he threw all of our hamburger buns in the water, and only got attention from one seagull. They became buddies. LOL We found, seagulls are much shyer up north than they are at home -- at home you get dive-bombed by seagulls wanting what you're eating and have no intention of giving them, and up north you throw bread at them and they skitter away! ha ha
Action shot!
Please, come eat the bread! Waiting...

It's like... "Orson" seagulls vs. "Mookie" seagulls!
You know how they say "you can never really know a person"? I discovered something new about Jim this weekend...

Jim can throw wadded-up balls of bread really really far! ha ha

Driving was exhausting -- lane stoppages, orange barrels and traffic shifts (oh my!) almost the whole way, detours and I-75 closed in two spots. I finally gave up and took 94 to 39 to Pelham home. I was DONE with 75. ha ha

Then it was unpacking, two calls from my mom, paying attention to three lonely cats, organizing all the food from the coolers and leftovers back into the fridge (I didn't have enough time after finding out we'd be a twosome instead of a foursome to scale back the portions of the food I'd already made, so we had wayyy too much), and off to bed for me. I threw in a load of laundry and called it a night. I was pooped! Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep until after midnight, so I'm on shaky ground today. ha ha

Good thing work is busy, or I'd be nodding off! Jim's the lucky one, he had today off. I doubt he's feeling lucky, though, since I left him three or four things to do around the house and then asked him to sort the recycling and drop it off in Wyandotte. He's probably still sleeping, I have no idea what time he came to bed -- he was still up when I finally fell asleep past midnight...

Jim liked the cottage so much, he's jealous that we're going back in less than a month (the girls). ha ha

I have a few more pics to post, but I have to get back to work for a few minutes... or hours. More later! :-)

2 comments:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Your mom only called twice?? lol Sounds like you guys had fun...and it sounds like your drive home was like my drive to TN last month!! (I thought that only happened in MI!)

Becky said...

Well, she did call twice in about 5 minutes... ha ha

 


Design by: Blogger XML Skins | Distributed by: Blogger Templates